Well, if we are talking about windows update, we need to understand what is Windows Update? Windows Update is the service provided by Microsoft for Windows 9x & Windows NT families of the operating system. In these operating systems, it automatically downloads and installs updates from the internet. Here we are going to understand how to do windows update in Windows 10?
Windows 10 is a lot different from the previous version of the operating system released by Microsoft. It does not allow manual and selective installation of updates. In this window, all updates to Windows are downloaded and installed automatically and users will be notified to choose the restart system now or schedule it later.
Now, when we need to download updates for previous windows, we usually go to Control Panel. But it's not in the Control Panel anymore. In Windows 10, you need to get into Windows Settings & install them on your Lenovo laptop or any other PC. Also, a user can contact Lenovo Support UK to get help with Windows 10. Now, we'll go through Windows Update & Security settings and learn how to change & adjust Windows Update settings in your PC in detail.
Steps for Windows Update in Win 10
Here we provide some simple steps by which one can easily do Windows Update for Windows 10:
1. First step is to go to settings. This can be done by two ways: Either you could type Settings in the taskbar search bar and click on the result or one can click on the windows key and look for setting in the left side panel.
2. In the second step, click on Update & Security link to open the panel for windows update.
3. Here it will show the current status of your Lenovo laptop or whatever PC you have, whether it is updated or not. Also, you can check for the latest updates manually by clicking on Check for Updates.
4. In the last step, the system will start checking for the available updates & download it on laptop or PC automatically.
In addition to this, this update panel gives the option to schedule the Restart. In other words, if you want to choose how updates are installed in your Lenovo laptop or PC, scroll down & go to Advanced Options.
Another important feature is that it gives Home users only two options under Choose how updates are installed.
1. Automatic (Recommended)
2. Notify to schedule restart
Here, one can choose how updates are installed. Generally, Microsoft recommends choosing Automatic Update. In other words, users have no choice in Windows 10 (for home users). However, the enterprise users have an option, which lets them select: when they want to download & install the Updates.
Also, to know more about Lenovo laptop 10 update, one can contact Lenovo Support .
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly